Genius Hour Video Interview #1 – Paul Solarz
This evening I had the pleasure of interviewing Paul Solarz about Genius Hour (aka Passion Projects) in his classroom. This is the first interview in a series of interviews that I have planned for Genius Hour teachers. Mr. Solarz clearly has a passion for being an educator and his students are fortunate to have him as a classroom leader.
– Works with @joykirr
– Learned about genius hour from the books The Passion-Driven Classroom: A Framework for Teaching & Learning and The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child
– Gives credit to Google’s 20% time
– YouTube for Schools
– Read more about the KWHLAQ chart that Paul uses for his classroom
– Paul briefly mentions Teach Like a PIRATE It’s a fantastic book that every teacher should read.
– Twitter hashtags #geniushour and #20time
– Paul’s website http://psolarz.weebly.com/
– Paul’s email can be found at the very end of the video (not publishing here)
– Paul on Twitter @paulsolarz
FREE Genius Hour Workshop
Want to start Genius Hour in your classroom but not sure where and how to begin? Already started Genius Hour and need a bit more guidance? A.J. Juliani and I are hosting a FREE webinar to jumpstart Genius Hour in your classroom. Click to grab a virtual seat now.