I had the privilege of interviewing Joy Kirr this evening about genius hour and how she facilitates it in her classroom. Joy is a 7th grade ELA teacher and has implemented genius hour projects with all of her classes. You can’t find a blog post about genius hour without a comment from Joy. She has taken the “Be Everywhere” philosophy to a new level. Enjoy listening to her discuss genius hour.
– Ewan McIntosh
– Blog post about Erin Olson & Erin’s presentation
– Big Fan of Angela Maiers – The Passion-Driven Classroom: A Framework for Teaching & Learning
– @gallitz and @mrsdkrebs on #geniushour chat (Twitter)
– Read more about the KWHLAQ chart that Paul Solarz uses for his classroom
– Genius Hour Wiki
– What Makes Us Human – student work
– Infographic on Reading 20 minutes a day
– Twitter hashtags #geniushour and #20time
– Twitter @joykirr
– Genius Hour Livebinder
– Global Genius Hour project
FREE Genius Hour Workshop
Want to start Genius Hour in your classroom but not sure where and how to begin? Already started Genius Hour and need a bit more guidance? A.J. Juliani and I are hosting a FREE webinar to jumpstart Genius Hour in your classroom. Click to grab a virtual seat now.